Across the world, sex trafficking, child sexual abuse, and harms to mental and social development are being facilitated by online pornography platforms, with little intervention from legislators. This presentation not only reviews the multi-faceted harms of modern-day pornography to the children and adults who view it, but also to society at large.
The webinar will address the merger that has occurred between the sex trafficking industry and online pornography platforms. Further, it will address research and case studies that reveal that sex trafficking and child sexual abuse are systemic issues within the pornography industry, and the global outcry for leadership and solutions.
Benjamin Bull and Haley McNamara from the National Center on Sexual Exploitation review these and tangible legislative solutions that countries can pursue based on their cultural contexts.
The meeting times are as follows:
- 07:00h Los Angeles, Vancouver;
- 08:00h Manágua, San José, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa;+
- 09:00h Bogotá, Mexico City, Lima, Panama, Quito, San Antonio, Winnipeg;
- 10:00h EDT, Asunción, Caracas, La Paz, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Toronto, Washington;
- 11:00h Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo;
- 15:00h Lisbon, London;
- 16:00h CEST, Budapest, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Warsaw.
To participate, resolve any questions about the event or make a comment, please contact: email@example.com